Cursor leaping around in editor window (target text)
Thread poster: carl01

carl01
German to English
Aug 5, 2010

Hello all,

Rather an annoying problem in Studio 2009: every time I confirm a segment in the editor window, the cursor moves down to the next blank segment, waits for a second, then jumps back to the last segment but one. If I don't manually move it back down again, I end up overwriting the work I've just confirmed.

Any idea why this has suddenly started happening? It happens every single time I confirm a segment. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the fact that I uninstalled Passolo, as this didn't happen beforehand?

Also ... does anyone know how to increase the text size in the editor view, as you can in Word? It's quite small and I'm squinting at it most of the time.

Many thanks!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:51
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
font size Aug 5, 2010

Your leaping cursor is new to me, so I can't help you on that, but font sizes were addressed here a couple of days ago:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/176891-gigantic_letters_in_segments_in_studio_2009_with_docx_files.html

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:51
French to German
+ ...
Try to reassign the keyboard shortcut Aug 6, 2010

Carl

Emma already gave you the answer about the font size.

Concerning the leaping cursor: does this happen always and in the same way whether you confirm using the keyboard shortcut or using the icon in the toolbar?

Does the problem stay when you shutdown Studio and start it again?

Does it happen in all documents or only in a specific one?

What happens when you hit CTRL-ALT-ENTER? Does this work OK?

Did you try to change the shortcut to see what happens?

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor leaping around in editor window (target text)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search