downloading existing TM databases
Thread poster: Leipziger1
Aug 11, 2010

hi,

earlier i took part in a webinar with SDL support where they suggested that it is possible to stream existing translation memories for languages, so that you would be able to work with a database in a language you do not often translate, in order to save the time and effort of developing your own database.

however a bit of google trawling later and i cannot find anywhere offering such downloads...

so the two questions in a nutshell...

1. is it actually possible to stream / download / buy existing TMs for various languages
2. if so, where?

many thanks!

ps while i would be interested to know the pros/cons (ie reduced contextual accuracy, presumably) of doing this, i am primarily interested in whether it is actually possible and how.

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 19:26
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Ready for one million translation units TM? Aug 12, 2010

Take a look to this resource....

http://langtech.jrc.it/DGT-TM.html

I hope your PC is well tuned. Mine choked with the 500K translation units of the EN>ES memory I extracted.

Saludos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

downloading existing TM databases

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search