Overwrite TM using Trados Studio
Thread poster: WORTwelt

WORTwelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:38
German
+ ...
Aug 11, 2010

Hello,
I would like to ask for some advice on how to find the option "overwrite TM" when importing a corrected or changed TM.

In Trados 2007 there is the option "overwrite" or "merge TM" to choose from before importing new TM data but I just cannot seem to find that option in Trados Studio.

I am in the middle of a large translation project where I have to correct a translation memory on a daily basis. After changing expressions, segments, unwanted translations, I export the TM as tmx-file and send it out to the translators involved. But when they import the corrected TU's into their own TM, Studio does not replace the existing units, it rather adds the new ones. The translator end up with both the "old" TU's and the "new" ones.

Does anyone know how to actually overwrite TU's in Studio so that typo's, unwanted phrasing etc. are not propagated?

Thanks a lot in advance
Best wishes
Sacha

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This option is there - in SP2 Aug 11, 2010

AFAIK this option is "back" in Service Pack 2.

However it may also be, that I am mixing things here, as I am testing beta software for SDL and do have this option already in one of the future versions.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, not yet in SP2 Aug 11, 2010

I have checked on another computer - this option has been introduced obviously later. It will most certainly come with the next update for Studio.
For the time beeing I do not know how to overwrite segments in Studio TM, honestly.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
"Overwrite existing translation units" is coming Aug 11, 2010

The option is currently missing in the current version (SP2). The good news is that it will be in the next version (SP3).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overwrite TM using Trados Studio

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search