Multiterm 2007 won't open last used termbase
Thread poster: Susanne Lomander

Susanne Lomander  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:13
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2010

My Multiterm 2007 (Version 7.5.0.444 Build 448) never opens the last termbase (or project) used when I start the program. The older version of Multiterm automatically remembered the last termbase open, but now I have to manually open the termbase/project every time I start Multiterm.

According to some SDL Trados people I spoke to, the program SHOULD remember this, and that this might be an installation problem. But since I don't have a maintenance/service agreement, I can't get help fixing this. Very frustrating!

Anyone know what the problem is and if I can fix this myself?

Thanks!!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is a setting for this Aug 12, 2010

In Multiterm options. Unfortunately I do not have MT2007 anymore - please check via Termbase - Settings menu.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
MT 2007 always displays the list of previously used termbases Aug 12, 2010

Susanne

The way it works is that when you click on 'Termbase - Open/Close termbases' a window opens which lists all the termbases you have previously opened, so you can select the ones you want by checking them. So, the only thing you need to do is check that the correct termbases have a checkmark and then click on OK. That's all.

Multiterm 2007 does however not automatically open the last termbase used. Keep in mind that you may open several termbases and not only one.

According to some SDL Trados people I spoke to, the program SHOULD remember this, and that this might be an installation problem

I am not aware of such an option, at least not in MT 2007. MT 2009 however has an option to restore the previous session. Might be a reason to upgradeicon_smile.gif

Walter

Susanne Lomander  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There is no such setting... and I still open them manually every day. Aug 13, 2010

My MT 2007 does not have a setting that you can check, allowing it to automatically open the last termbase used (Workbench does but not Multiterm). So every day I have to do is what Walter says: manually go and select the termbase I want to open each time I open MT. This is quite annoying, since older versions of MT used to remember this all by itself.

According to some SDL Trados sales people, MT 2007 SHOULD have a setting (like you say, Jerzcy), and that if mine doesn't, something went wrong during installation.

You say there is one under Termbase - Settings, but all that's there is the User name and Password. Nothing else.

If anyone has a version of Multiterm 2007 that has this setting, could you please give me the specifics?

Thanks!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
The answer is in my previous post Aug 13, 2010

Susanne

I explained how it works in my previous post. Do not search for this setting in MT2007, I do not have it either.

Walter

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
MT2007 uses projects Aug 13, 2010

Sorry, indeed - as I said I do not have MT2007 anymore, but just 2009 and was misleaded by that.
In MultiTerm 2007 you can use the Project concept - open all termbases you need and then store the project. Next time you will just need to open that project to have all necessary termbases opened.
Sorry again, I should have checked that better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 won't open last used termbase

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search