Germany
Local time: 02:34
English to German
+ ...
Aug 12, 2010

Settings:
SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2 9.1.1264.0

Dear fellow translators,

I accidentally installed only only four (of five allowed) languages when I updated my system. In this forum, good people advised to re-install the application. This is, what I did:

1. I returned the current licences for Freelance Plus.
2. I re-installed the application
3. On re-launch the programme asks me to licence the product which I did successfully. On the other hand, the application did not ask me to name the five languages I would like to activate.

The entire process took me about 15 minutes. Is it possible that the interval was too short for SDL to digest my plan?

Carsten

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You should have UNINSTALLED first Aug 12, 2010

Carsten

Returning your licence does not change the language selection because this information is not stored in the license information.

Most probably this information is stored in a local file and because you reinstalled the application without uninstalling first, it was kept and the reinstall did not prompt you again.

I guess, the only way to change the language selection is to uninstall the application and then reinstall it, so that the language selection information gets overwritten.

Walter

Also have a look at http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3033&p=1

Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Aug 12, 2010

Walter,

You analysed the situation properly. I deinstalled the application, re-started the computer and installed the software anew. The language selection popped up and I was able to add all requested languages.

Thank you so much indeed.

Carsten

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clarification for Adding Languages in SDL Trados

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search