unable to save source or target as... in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Tai Fu

Tai Fu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:40
Chinese to English
Aug 14, 2010

I tried to save the source or target in Trados 2009, but then it gives me an error that says "unable to find the original file in xxx/xxx/xxx folders, please put the file in that folder and try again"

The thing is I still have the original file but it's looking for the file in some temporary folder (where firefox drops all incoming files) which gets deleted after a while... so what can I do to change the location where they look for the original file?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:40
French to German
+ ...
Change the source file path in the TTX Aug 14, 2010

Close TE, open the TXX file in a plain text editor such as Notepad, Wordpad or UltraEdit. In the header look for the string 'SourceDocumentPath= ' and change the path behind it to reflect the one where your source file is located.

Save the TTX and open it again in TE.

Walter

Tai Fu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:40
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
changing between CH-traditional/CH-simplified in TRADOS Aug 14, 2010

Also (kinda off topic but still relevant to TRADOS)

Is it possible to change between CH-traditional or CH-simplified in TRADOS? I have been trying to do this for several hours without any luck, because I can't export/re-import the files without introducing a lot of errors that would take even more time than copying/pasting into a web-based software for that to fix...

Back on topic... I tried to change the source path... no luck there either. Is there a way to do this without using a text editor (that can possibly corrupt the file)?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:40
French to German
+ ...
You can either change the path or put the file where TE looks for it Aug 14, 2010

TE looks for the source file in the path that you see in the header of the TTX file. So, you have two choices:
a) Change the path
b) Leave the path as it is and make sure the source file is there

Make sure you typed the path correctly and also enclosed it in apostrophes. I can assure you that this works as I have used this workaround many times when I was still working with Tag Editor.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

unable to save source or target as... in Trados 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search