Thread poster: Elsa Berreby
Elsa Berreby
Elsa Berreby  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2009)
English to French
Aug 15, 2010

Hello,

I'm working with SDL trados 2007, and in Word, the translated segments remain bilingual (source+target+tags)when I close them or go to another segment.

What should I do to fix it?

Many thanks for your help,

Elsa

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:42
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Nothing - this is normal and desired behaviour Aug 15, 2010

So better get used to that. Otherwise you can destroy your translation by overwritting importand information (so called segments deliimeters) between source and target text.
The view of source and target together visualizes also the segment delimeters, looking like this {0> <88> <0}
If absolutely necessary you can simply hide non-printing characters in your view - via Tools - Options - View in Word. However, I would strongly advice against doing so.

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:42
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You should clean up the document Aug 16, 2010

When you finish the translation, you should clean up the bi-lingual document in order to get the final mono-lingual document.

Read Trados help to learn how to do that and the various options you have.

HTH

Yossi

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 14:42
English to Thai
+ ...
An instance to hide source segments Aug 16, 2010

[quote]Jerzy Czopik wrote:
The view of source and target together visualizes also the segment delimeters, looking like this {0>

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

segments remain bilingual in Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »