Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:51
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 17, 2010

Dear all

I am in the process to upgrade from Trados 2006 Freelance to Trados 2009 Plus, and facing the following issues:

1. I know that I need to return the license for Trados 2006 before install Trados 2009, but my license is Nodelocked license and the button for Borrow or Return License is grayed out. How I return it if I can’t select this option? Should I just uninstall the Trados 2006? A SDL salesman told me that I have to return the license before uninstall Trados 2006. The demo for upgrading and licensing at SDL web site only introduces the Activation Code and Softkey license.

2. According to the installation guide from SDL, it seems that I have to install Trados 2007 before installing Trados 2009? If so, should I also install patch SDLX 2007 Build 7080 - Compatability release for SDL MultiTerm 2009, which is also available in my account.

3. The demo for upgrading and licensing at SDL web site says that there is a free Autosuggest Creator license comes with Trados 2009. But I did not see it under My License.

I would appreciate if someone can provide solution to my issues.

Thanks

Lu

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
2 answers Aug 17, 2010

Lu Zou wrote:

Dear all

I am in the process to upgrade from Trados 2006 Freelance to Trados 2009 Plus, and facing the following issues:

1. I know that I need to return the license for Trados 2006 before install Trados 2009, but my license is Nodelocked license and the button for Borrow or Return License is grayed out. How I return it if I can’t select this option? Should I just uninstall the Trados 2006? A SDL salesman told me that I have to return the license before uninstall Trados 2006. The demo for upgrading and licensing at SDL web site only introduces the Activation Code and Softkey license.

Check in your account, which licenses are available for your T2007 and T2009.
In this very case I would start the help process on http://talisma.sdl.com

2. According to the installation guide from SDL, it seems that I have to install Trados 2007 before installing Trados 2009? If so, should I also install patch SDLX 2007 Build 7080 - Compatability release for SDL MultiTerm 2009, which is also available in my account.

Yes.
Please install in this order_
- T2007
- Patches for T2007
- T2009 SP2
- Multiterm 2009 Sp2

3. The demo for upgrading and licensing at SDL web site says that there is a free Autosuggest Creator license comes with Trados 2009. But I did not see it under My License.

This used to be a free license, but is now sold separately.

Australia
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Returning Nodelocked license Aug 17, 2010

Hi Jerzy

Thank you for you prompt answers and your information about AutoSuggest Creator.

Now, I will wait for answers for issue of returning Nodelocked license

Lu

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Nodelocked licenses must be returned from customer account Aug 17, 2010

Lu

Returning a nodelocked license is done from your customer account and not from the License Manager and works as follows:

1. Go to your customer account and click on "My Licences"
2. Go to the corresponding product, expand the tree and click on the tab 'Softkey Licenses'
3. Your license should appear there with the indication 'Node locked' in the first column
4. Click on 'View generated licenses' in the last column
5. The system will then display the generated licenses
6. Click on 'Return license file'
7. After you have returned the license, you can generate a new one for the new (or existing PC). In order to do this, you need to know the MAC address of your network interface card (or serial number of the harddisk). If you install on a different PC, you'll have to find out, for example by using the Host ID generator, which you can download. The procedure is explained in detail in the account.

Walter

Australia
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Returning Nodelocked license Aug 17, 2010

Hi Walter

Thank you for your information.

As I clicked the Process Upgrade button by mistaken, there are no license for Trados 2006, only licenses for Traods 2007 and 2009.

Should I just go ahead to install 2007 and 2009 or should I contact SDL for this?

I e-mailed them and left message to them, no reply yet.
Their online chat has been offline for a while.

Lu

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are those licenses available? Aug 17, 2010

Ie. can you see the codes for the software in your account?
If yes, then IMHO you could simply install T2007 and the rest.
But please bear in mind, that you should first uninstall T2006.

Australia
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Aug 17, 2010

Hi Jerzy

Thank you for your advice.

It works, at least for Trados 2007, as I don't know how to use Trados 2009 yet.
Will spend a bit time on it soon.

Lu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues with upgrading to Trados 2009

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search