SDLX 2007 SP2 - Windows 7
Thread poster: carondn2

carondn2  Identity Verified
English to French
Aug 19, 2010

Hi,
Hope this hasn't been answered yet. I couldn't find anything on the forum.
I have switched to Windows 7 recently and just realized that now I can't use some of the functions of SDLX SP2 like, for example, the Print Preview, Translation Preview or the Help feature, amongst others that don't work.
Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance

DC

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:33
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 SP2 is not supported Aug 19, 2010

SDL Trados 2007 SP2 is not fully supported in Windows 7 but SDL Trados Studio 2009 is. We had discussions on this. Please redo search on Proz forum.

Best regards,
Soonthon Lupkitaro

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:33
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Not supported? Aug 19, 2010

Are we talking SDLX or Trados? Trados Suite 2007 does work in Windows 7.

On my laptop, I have Windows 7 and the latest version of SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance Edition, and I mean latest as of 2 weeks ago, including all updates and patches, and it works like a charm. In fact, installing it on my laptop solved a problem I had on my PC because of TMs with sublanguages like Spanish US, which XP does not support but Windows 7 does.

I will upgrade to Studio 2009 only because one of my most important clients did and I began stumbling upon problem after problem with the packages I received, not being able to import them, not being able to open the TMs received, etc.

---
Maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall Trados. The problem could be having upgraded your operating system while Trados was already installed. Just a thought. Notice that when I installed Trados my OS was already Windows 7, factory installed, not upgraded. It could be something related to sequence of installation. First this, then that. It's worth trying.

[Edited at 2010-08-19 02:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-08-19 02:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-08-19 02:09 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:33
French to German
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 runs fine on 64 bit OS Aug 19, 2010

SDL Trados 2007 SP2 is not fully supported in Windows 7 but SDL Trados Studio 2009 is.

Just want to clarify an important detail: the last release of SDL Trados 2007 Suite (build 863) runs without any problems on a 64 bit OS (such as Windows 7 64 bits, for example).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007 SP2 - Windows 7

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search