Synergy: "Server generated an exception"
Thread poster: Estelle Chauvet

Estelle Chauvet
France
Local time: 06:10
English to French
Aug 19, 2010

Hello,

I need your help. I'm working in Synergy for the first time. My client has sent me a package (STPPK file). I have been able to access the files in Synergy, but when clicking on the translation file (an ITD file supposed to be opened in TagEditor), I get the following error message:

Server has generated an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)).

The TM opens correctly, but after closing the error message, TagEditor crashes.

Have you ever experienced this problem? Could my credentials be wrong? Note that I can access the files locally, on my hard drive and they open correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Estelle

Direct link Reply with quote

Estelle Chauvet
France
Local time: 06:10
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Credentials are ok Aug 19, 2010

A colleague has checked for me and the credentials are correct. So, the problem comes from my PC. I've reinstalled Synergy and Multiterm, but still get this error message...

All the projects from my client will now be handled with Synergy, so I really need to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Estelle

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 01:10
English to Portuguese
If you have Studio and the PKGs are compatible... Aug 19, 2010

Hi Estelle

I would like to contribute with my experience as a provider for a client that sends Sinergy packages and which I've experienced some connection problems too (not the one you're showing, by the way).

My client sends PKG files, which he instructs everyone to open them in Sinergy and translate as ITDs on TagEditor, acessing his servers for TMs and MT. That really bothered me because I am totally productive on Studio, and I consulted SDL if Studio could open them. They told me that Studio could do it if they were TMS PKG files.

I just opened the next PKG I received and fortunately they were TMS packages, and all of them proved to be. Studio allows you to open them like any other group of files, use several memories prioritizing the ones you see adequate etc etc, not only the TM the client (perhaps) sends along.

About communication, I've had problems with client's TM and MTAnywhere servers, but Studio never crashed, instead showing a message with details about the access problem. Not crashing means that I still could execute the translation, although not acessing the servers. I consulted the client, indicating that I could not connect to the TMs and MTAnywhere servers, and he sent me a "static" TM to use... Perhaps that can be a temporary workaround for you... In case you are using Sinergy like I did, with Studio resting lazy aside, try it...

Kind regards

Edric

[Edited at 2010-08-19 21:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy: "Server generated an exception"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search