Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:18
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Aug 20, 2010

After upgrading from 2007 FL to Studio I returned my old license (the one that was left, the other one was lost when I installed Windows on my pc). When I go to My licenses I see the updated license for 2007, which I used for my installation of 2007 FL (when starting Workbench I picked this license number and now the old version seems to work.)
But in the field for Studio it says, 1 license in use, 0 available. The license manager for Studio says, there is no license in use, and when I copy the number of the license into the registration form registration does not succeed.

I tried to contact SDL but found only some obscure form for inputting my experiences. I got no response from there (since day before yesterday). At My support I find only pages with explanations.

So can anybody provide a link to a form where I can ask for support?

If I cannot get the new software run I have to stop Visa from paying to SDL.

Regards
Heinrich

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 04:18
French to German
+ ...
Use the solution finder Aug 20, 2010

So can anybody provide a link to a form where I can ask for support?

Go to kb.sdl.com and click on Solution Finder, then select the category "Licensing issues". Go through the steps, at the end you will be presented a form where you can explain your exact problem and SDL will contact you.

For more details on this procedure, search this forum as this has already been explained here many times.

Walter

P.S.: I just realize that you have already been given these instructions here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/178195-could_not_contact_activation_server_error_code_50040.html#1564639

on your other thread on the same subject.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-08-20 06:20 GMT]

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:18
English to Italian
License Aug 20, 2010

Hello

I work for SDL.

I have managed to locate your account on our system.

Although your purchase is complete, the 'upgrade process' has not been completed on the account.

You need to

1) Go in SDL Trados 2007 License manager and return your license of SDL Trados 2007 (from any omputer if licenses on omore than 1)
2) Go into http://oos.sdl.com and login into your account
3) Go to My Licenses
4)Select SDL Trados 2007 Freelance
5) Expand and you will see in red '1 purchased upgrade available to activate'
6) Select the red text and follow the process
7) Once completed - you will have a new SDL trados 2007 Suite leicense and SDL Trados 2009 Studio.

I hope this helps.

Reards
Massi

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still the same Aug 20, 2010

ghislandi wrote:

Hello

I work for SDL.

I have managed to locate your account on our system.

Although your purchase is complete, the 'upgrade process' has not been completed on the account.

You need to

1) Go in SDL Trados 2007 License manager and return your license of SDL Trados 2007 (from any omputer if licenses on omore than 1)
2) Go into http://oos.sdl.com and login into your account
3) Go to My Licenses
4)Select SDL Trados 2007 Freelance
5) Expand and you will see in red '1 purchased upgrade available to activate'
6) Select the red text and follow the process
7) Once completed - you will have a new SDL trados 2007 Suite leicense and SDL Trados 2009 Studio.

I hope this helps.

Reards
Massi

I returned (again) my license for 2007 FL. But the situation for Studio 2009 is the same, I appear to have one license in use, though the license manager for 2009 does say there is no.

I got one message from SDL and I try if they can help me via the net.

REgards
Heinrich

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 20, 2010

The representative from SDL took over my desktop and managed to register my update. I still don't quite understand where things went wrong.

When I clicked "submit" on the support form there was no visible reaction. I thought some information was missing but apparently the form was submitted though. Perhaps because I use Chrome I could not notice any reaction?

Regards
Heinrich

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Where you went wrong Aug 20, 2010

Hello Heinrich,

I ad a quick chat with the Support Engineer who sorted this out for you and the problem was that you just hadn't used the new activation codes to license your product.

The Support Engineer copied and pasted the correct licenses code through your License Manager and all was well for 2007 and 2009.

We have done our best to try and make it easy to see what needs to be done, but clearly something is missing in the ease of use or I'm sure you would have managed it, and understood what the problem was. Maybe we can discuss off line if you like and I can take any suggestions you have for making it easier when you upgrade.

Regards

Paul

Toby Wakely  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No luck installing Trados 2011 Nov 20, 2011

On Friday night I installed Trados 2011 Starter without problem. This is the first time i have ever had a Trados product.I was given an order confirmation number, a PSMA number and an authorization number.I followed the instructions given,copying and pasting the license number, but I kept getting error messages: activation failed wrong number(error while checking license number). The number is not wrong-it has been checked and rechecked several times.

I´ve tried everything I can think of to solve this problem-activating the product on and off line, enabling Trados to pass through my firewall, but everything has been in vain. I feel my time is being wasted.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
licences Nov 21, 2011

Are you entering the licence number from the "my licences" section of "my account" on the sdl website? That's the one you need.

If you are, then you should request support from SDL to help you solve the problem. Go to:

http://talisma.sdl.com > Solution Finder > Licensing Problems and follow the wizard until you come to a form.

SDL will then contact you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is my license?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search