Can no longer make entries in Multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Martina Amstutz

Martina Amstutz  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
English to German
+ ...
Aug 20, 2010

I have bought a new computer running with Windows 7 and had to buy an upgrade from Trados 2007 to Trados 2007 Suite/Studio. Everything works fine except Multiterm. While can use my old databases made with Multiterm 2007, I can't create new entries in Multiterm 2009. Evertime I try to make a new entry, the programme blocks and I have to stop it because it does not respond, even if I wait for a long time. I find it very annoying not to be able to create new entries.

Has someone made similar experience and knows how to solve the problem? I have already deinstalled Multiterm 2009 and reinstalled it, but that didn't help.

Hubert Chang  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:33
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
Change your database. Aug 20, 2010

Output your old database, then input to your new database.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check your Java versions Aug 20, 2010

Control Panel - Java or Add/remove programs.
Please report the versions here.

Martina Amstutz  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Latest version of Java installed Aug 20, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Control Panel - Java or Add/remove programs.
Please report the versions here.

Thank you Jerzy, I installed the latest version of Java and now it works. I wish every problem was as simple as that.
Thanks a lot.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Great news Aug 20, 2010

and astonishing alltogether. I did not suppose installing the LATEST update of Java will bring it to work.
Usually we recommend not to install any updates of Java, but keep those instances installed with Trados.
So good luck to you - I hope it will now work properly then.

Regards
Jerzy

Lauren DeAre  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:33
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
install latest version Sep 5, 2010

After reading all of the other forums in orer to fix this problem between Java and Multiterm 2009, and uninstalling newest versions of Java, etc. (didn't work), I then also installed the latest version, Update 21, as of Sept 3, 2010, and all is working smoothly for me now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can no longer make entries in Multiterm 2009

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search