Termbase does not work in Trados Studio 2009
Thread poster: lumor

lumor  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 20, 2010

Hi, I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009, I converted the Excel file and I created the termbase in Multiterm 2009. I created a project and added the termbase to Trados 2009, but the Termbase Recognition window does not show automatically any entry, however the Termbase Search window does show the entries I search. Besides, terms are not highlighted by a red bracketed line in the source segment text.
Do you know what is wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Lucila... See more
Hi, I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009, I converted the Excel file and I created the termbase in Multiterm 2009. I created a project and added the termbase to Trados 2009, but the Termbase Recognition window does not show automatically any entry, however the Termbase Search window does show the entries I search. Besides, terms are not highlighted by a red bracketed line in the source segment text.
Do you know what is wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Lucila

[Editado a las 2010-08-20 15:08 GMT]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:50
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which version of Studio`? Aug 20, 2010

Did you use Workbench in the meantime?

Please check this talisma article.

lumor  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Termbase does not work in Trados Studio 2009 Aug 20, 2010

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2009 Professional SP2 9.1.12

No, I did not use Workbench in the meantime, but I would really like to solve this issue in order not to use a separate tool as Workbench. I do not understand why it does not work because I can see the Termbase Viewer, it works perfectly.

Roy OConnor (X)
Local time: 05:50
German to English
I have similar problem... Aug 21, 2010

... on my Vista 64 machine running Studio. Do you find that you can still enter terms manually, i.e. subsequently to the imported ones, and they are recognised with a red bracket?

I haven't found a solution yet, but I have tried various things, see

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/174973-trados_studio_
... See more
... on my Vista 64 machine running Studio. Do you find that you can still enter terms manually, i.e. subsequently to the imported ones, and they are recognised with a red bracket?

I haven't found a solution yet, but I have tried various things, see

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/174973-trados_studio_2009_sp2_no_entries_in_termbase.html

The problem is really frustating and you have to be careful that you do not corrupt a large existing TB with an import of additional terms. Make sure you always back up your TBs before importing to them.

Roy
Collapse

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:50
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Really helped! Dec 22, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:50
English to Spanish
Term recognition not working in Studio 2009 SP3 after using Workbench Dec 22, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Hi Jerzy and all,

The talisma article says that the problem was solved with SP3, but I am using Studio 2009 SP3 (9.1.2305.8) , and I am having exactly the same problem (term recognition not working) after using Workbench. I can still search terms perfectly well in my termbase, but no term recognition.

I think I have all the default settings.

Can I still use the LaunchStudio.bat batch file or should I do something else?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2011-12-22 23:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase does not work in Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search