https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/178382-insert_apply_terms_from_multiterm_in_studio_209.html

Insert/apply terms from Multiterm in Studio 209
Thread poster: iamsara
iamsara
iamsara
Local time: 06:25
English to Spanish
Aug 20, 2010

Hi, I´m working with a TB and a file in Studio 2009 and I want the terms included in the termbase to replace those in the text I´m translating. Is there any way to insert these terms in the translation, sometihng like a pretranslation?

Thanks in advance

[Editado a las 2010-08-20 19:24 GMT]

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You can insert terms from a TB in the Editor Aug 21, 2010

When you are translating in the Editor and Studio shows you in the term recognition window that the source segment contains a term occurring in your termbase, you can insert the target term into the target segment by hitting CTRL-SHIFT-L (or typing the first letter of the term if you have AutoSuggest enabled).

There is however no batch way of doing this before you start the translation, such as a Pretranslate. Frankly, I don't know how this would be possible because you don't know w
... See more
When you are translating in the Editor and Studio shows you in the term recognition window that the source segment contains a term occurring in your termbase, you can insert the target term into the target segment by hitting CTRL-SHIFT-L (or typing the first letter of the term if you have AutoSuggest enabled).

There is however no batch way of doing this before you start the translation, such as a Pretranslate. Frankly, I don't know how this would be possible because you don't know which term you should insert in case of synonyms. That means that human intervention is necessary to choose the appropriate term.

Walter
Collapse

iamsara
iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Sth like pretranslation in workbench Aug 22, 2010

Hi Walter, thank you very much for your answer.

I was looking for a batch way to do it since I have a list of therms with their translation and I want to apply them to a text. In this case, there are no synonyms, just a plain list of terms and their translation, that´s why I need to substitute the terms in English with their translation.

I was hoping to find a way to do it similar to pretranslation in workbench.

Juan Pablo Sans
Juan Pablo Sans  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Better late than never Feb 3, 2012

Control+Shift+L

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insert/apply terms from Multiterm in Studio 209

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »