Importing ttx files into SDLX 2007. Help please!
Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:12
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 21, 2010

I urgently need to import 8 ttx source files (Dutch into US English) into SDLX (version 2007) to take with me when I travel tomorrow, because my father is seriously ill. I have imported ttx files into SDLX before, but somehow it doesn't seem to work this time. When I go into SDL Exchange, adding the eight files, I encounter: "Import - Languages: The following unknown language has been encountered in an import file. Please select the language to be used. English (United States) (which is the correct target language).
Whatever I do - retain the English (US) or change the setting to any other language, I am then told that the conversion has taken place but my itd file does not contain any segments at all.

Can someone please help me with this?

Many thanks,
Anne

Direct link Reply with quote

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 17:12
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
The ttx files are for sure US english? Aug 21, 2010

Just a thought.

I have ever only tried doing things the other way around (from itd to ttx and then harvest the translation).

United Kingdom
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, they are from Dutch for translation into English Aug 21, 2010

But this would hardly be an 'unexpected language', since I always translate from Dutch. I am completely baffled by this. It has happened with another translation a couple of days ago, so it is not a specific problem with this file but a clash between versions, or because no TM was yet applied to the .ttx file. I don't know. Just started from the doc files now, since I made it clear to my client that I work in SDLX. But the compatibility problem annoys me. Thanks for replying!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:12
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Blank TTX file is no use Aug 22, 2010

Anne Lee wrote:
Whatever I do - retain the English (US) or change the setting to any other language, I am then told that the conversion has taken place but my itd file does not contain any segments at all.

I fill all TTX target segments with words e.g. copy all from source before using SDL exchange, or I will have ITD file without target segments to translate at all. For ITD>TTX exchange, it is simpler.

Best regards,

Soonthon Lupkitaro

United Kingdom
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem resolved Aug 22, 2010

Have resolved this now thanks to a helpful email. I managed to disable Multiterm and processed the files. Thank you for all the help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing ttx files into SDLX 2007. Help please!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search