Thread poster: kristibe43

kristibe43  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:30
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 24, 2010

Hi,

I have a problem when using Trados 2007 in Word 2007 on a Windows7 plattform. Sometimes Trados gets stuck, especially on bullet points or tables or tables of contents or other sections containing formatting. I wonder if this could be a Windows7 issue, that Trados is not really compatible with Windows7 yet, or that Windows7 is not that stable. My sollution to it has been to cut short the translation and leave the doc without saving. In the end, if a document contains a lot of bullit points or formatting I have to translate it without TRados. Has anyone come across this problem? Do you have a solution to it? Could I solve it by changing certain settings?

Thanks in advance!

Kristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Has nothing to do with Win7 IMHO Aug 24, 2010

or even with Trados in fact - this is because of the specific of Trados-Word interface.
Switch to TagEditor and your problems are gone.

[Edited at 2010-08-24 08:17 GMT]

Helen Matthews  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:30
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try working on draft view Aug 24, 2010

...don't ask me why, but I have problems with bullet points in particular when working on print layout, yet when I switch to draft view no problem at all!

Hope this helps,

Helen

Claire Bennett
France
French to English
Draft view - thanks Helen Jan 14, 2011

Thanks Helen. I couldn't get Trados to process bullet points in Word 2010 in print layout either. It does work however in any layout in my old version of Word (2002) so I had to reinstall that. I didn't realise that you had to change to draft view, and now I can translate in word 2010 again!

Patricia Lutteral  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks, Helen! Jan 28, 2011

I was having the same problem myself... Great tip, thanks!

Regards,

Patricia

Shakirah Md Zain  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:30
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
Still stuck even if I use Draft View Sep 25, 2011

Does anyone still have problems when the view is changed to Draft. I sure did.
Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 gets stuck in Word

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search