How can i generate a ttx-file in Studio 2009 with both languages?
Thread poster: TK-Translation
TK-Translation
TK-Translation  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:39
Swedish to German
+ ...
Aug 25, 2010

Hi,

my customer gave me a ttx-file and wants it back translated as a ttx-file as well.
I only work with Trados Studio 2009. Is it possible to generate a ttx-file with both languages in it?
I just found the buttoon "save target language" with that the file was stored as a ttx-file.
But how can i combine the original and the translation in one file so that i can deliver it as requested?

thanks in advance!
Thomas

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Save as target Aug 25, 2010

If you opened the TTX file in Studio, when you do "Save as target", Studio asks you whether you want to save in TradosTag or original file format. Select "TradosTag".

Walter

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the "Save target as" function Aug 25, 2010

Or use "Generate target translation" - if the source format was TTX, the target format will be by default also TTX. You can, provided you have the original source file (the file from which TTX was created from), also save the target translation in that format.
Put in a nutshell: what comes in comes out in Studio.
If you wish to deliver TTX you MUST open a TTX file in Studio.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TTX is BILINGUAL Aug 25, 2010

TK-Translation wrote:
I just found the buttoon "save target language" with that the file was stored as a ttx-file.
But how can i combine the original and the translation in one file so that i can deliver it as requested?

A TTX file is by definition bilingual, which means it contains both source and target. So, the TTX you created is what your client needs.

Walter

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:39
English to Thai
+ ...
Legacy of TTX Aug 25, 2010

TTX is widely used in TagEditor of SDL Trados 2007 and older versions. For downward compatibility reason, Studio can open and handle it. Therefore, TTX is bilingual file and contains many tags, and your client want it. Its target file is the target language file e.g. *.doc in *.doc out format.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can i generate a ttx-file in Studio 2009 with both languages?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »