Concordance doesn't react
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:45
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Aug 25, 2010

Have SDL Trados 2007. Just imported a big TM and now the concordance feature in the workbench fails to react. Exactly that: I select any word (including words I know are in the TM), click concordance, see a timer icon briefly, and then... nothing. Tried other TMs, other docs, closed and relaunched, all to no avail. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

Olly

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
Try Aug 25, 2010

with "Reorganise"

Regards

Fernando

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that too. Aug 25, 2010

Tried that too. Thanks.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Are the options correct? Aug 25, 2010

Did you check the options in the 'Concordance' tab under 'Options - Translation Memory Options'? Is everything correct? Do you have a reference TM defined with 'Search first'?

If everything there is OK, another possibility could be that the Concordance window appears somewhere on your screen where you can't see it. Try to reset the window positions in the registry.

Walter

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
Maybe Aug 25, 2010

Some corrupt templates.

Close all the applications and search for

~normal.dot
~Trados***

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Get back to you on that Aug 25, 2010

Thanks Walter,

I'll get back to you on that. I often use a second screen with this computer, so it may pop up on that, as it were... I'll check it out later.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Second monitor is a frequent source for disappeared windows Aug 25, 2010

I often use a second screen with this computer, so it may pop up on that, as it were... I'll check it out later.

If you used a second screen, moved the window there and now launch the SW without this second monitor, then this is very likely to be the source of your problems. Happens often.

Another alternative is to reset the window position in the registry.

1. Launch Regedit (after having closed Workbench)
2. Navigate to the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win\Last Session
You'll find the two values ConcordanceX' and 'ConcordanceY'. Change both values to 3 for example, close Regedit and restart WB.

Walter

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Aug 25, 2010

Thanks Walter,

Your solution using regedit did the trick! I was aware of this issue but I use Trados so infrequently I must have left the concordance window open in the wrong screen by mistake.

Thanks again for your solution.

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance doesn't react

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search