1) store orignial .rtf file in source folder on desktop
2) stored completed .ttx files in target folder on desktop
3) In Paths, put the source folder in the top line and targer folder in bottom line
4)ensure language is correct
5) Verify S-tags, and get error message.
1+3. RTF is not original format for Interleaf, so you should place your source folder in the 'Source STF and ORG files' line (middle one).
2. I guess that if you have source files in RTF format (probably converted from IASCII by client) you should also use RTF as format for target files.
Jerzy: Even if the files were not converted on your computer, you can still verify them. The verification process works by comparing the tags in the source (untranslated) STF files against the tags in the target (translated) STF files.