Thread poster: Eva Bartilucci

Eva Bartilucci  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:12
French to German
+ ...
Aug 25, 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with the format in Trados SDL 2009.

Sometimes, when I translate a segment, the format is wrong, i.e. Trados uses a different font type/size etc. compared to the source text. Also when I insert segments from the translation memory, formats will not be adapted to the source text format.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thx in adance - Eva

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:12
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use tags instead of plain formatting Aug 25, 2010

I assume you are working in WYSIWYG GUI of Studio, with all tags hidden.
Would you show tags, at least partially, would you see where the formatting starts and end.
In case you do not use tags, you can still select the text which is not formatted correctly, then press CTRL and point with the mouse on the correctly formatted text in source and click it. This will apply the same formatting to target.
However, I for one do prefer working with tags, so I even do not show any formatting but just plain tags in Studio - I find that way easier.

Daniel Arouca
Portugal
Local time: 08:12
English to Portuguese
Format studio 2009 - Thanks once again!! Aug 26, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

In case you do not use tags, you can still select the text which is not formatted correctly, then press CTRL and point with the mouse on the correctly formatted text in source and click it. This will apply the same formatting to target.

Hi Jerzy!

It's the second time that you get me off the hook today!!

Thanks a lot!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Format error in Trados 2009

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search