Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:59
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 26, 2010

Hello everybody,

I own Studio Trados 2009.
Since today morning the active terminology recognition of the termbase worked perfectly.
Out of the blue it recognises anything: terms which I right inserted terms, which I know existing and that I find if I look for them in the termbase search.

Did anybody face some a problem?

Best regards
Vittorio

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Could you clarify please? Aug 26, 2010

Since today morning the active terminology recognition of the termbase worked perfectly.
Out of the blue it recognises anything: terms which I right inserted terms, which I know existing and that I find if I look for them in the termbase search.

Sorry, but I cannot follow you on this. What is wrong if Term Recognition finds "terms, which I know existing and that I find if I look for them in the termbase search"? That is what it is meant to do?

And what do you mean by "terms which I right inserted"?

Can you please explain clearly what does not work the way you expect it? or what you do expect?

Just to make sure: we are talking about Term Recognition, not about Autosuggest? Yes?

Walter

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"active terminology recognition" during a translation Aug 26, 2010

Hello Walter,

I simply mean "active terminology recognition" during a translation.

I mean that if in the source text there's a term which I previously added to my termbase, the word in the source text is "recognised" and highlighted with a red bracketed line and you see the related translation in the Term Recognition window in the top-right corner, where you see the term and its translation.

I worked fine till a couple of hours ago and then suddenly it stopped working. I rebooted my PC, tried again, with other files as well but this feature seems not be working anymore.

"And what do you mean by "terms which I right inserted"?"
I mean a word which I have just added to the termbase during the translation is not recognised at all.

The problem is that "active terminology recognition" doesn't "recognise" anylonger "terms, which I know existing and whichI find if I look for them in the termbase search".
It's something that active terminology recognition has to do (it's its main scope) and did till some hours ago (-:

I'm not talking about Autosuggest:-)

Thank you for your help

Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Have you used terminology recognition in 2007 in parallel? Aug 26, 2010

Sorry Vittorio

I guess the misunderstanding was due to the fact that you wrote

... Out of the blue it recognises anything ..

while you probably wanted to write "it does NOT recognise anything".

Did you try to use term recognition in 2007 just before it stopped working in Studio 2009?

If yes, then you are a victim of a know problem which is documented here:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3093&p=1

Pls check if that applies to your situation. If not, we'll have to look further.

Walter

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It could be my case Aug 26, 2010

Hi Walter,

I'll try to follow the instructions of the mentioned article and I'll post after that.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding I caused
I really forgot "NOT"!
You don't have to be sorry

Cheers
Vittorio

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work Aug 27, 2010

Hello Walter,

I launched LaunchStudio.bat. It did what it's described in the article but the active terminology recognition is still not working (-:

Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you run it as Admin? Aug 27, 2010

Strange

I faced (for the first time actually) the same problem this morning. Suddenly term recognition would not work although a manual search worked.

I ran the LaunchStudio.bat with Administrator rights, it automatically relaunched Studio at the end and ... Term Recognition worked fine again.

Walter

Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
Java problem? Aug 27, 2010

Hi Vittorio,

Although I never experienced that particular problem, almost all of the time when I have trouble with Multiterm it has something to do with the Java platform. So maybe you could try to de-install and re-install the latest Java platform...?

Kind regards
Anja

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried but it doesn't work..I try with Java... Aug 27, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

Strange

I faced (for the first time actually) the same problem this morning. Suddenly term recognition would not work although a manual search worked.

I ran the LaunchStudio.bat with Administrator rights, it automatically relaunched Studio at the end and ... Term Recognition worked fine again.

Walter

I tried but it doesn't work..I try with Java...

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. I'll try with Java Aug 27, 2010

Anja Weggel wrote:

Hi Vittorio,

Although I never experienced that particular problem, almost all of the time when I have trouble with Multiterm it has something to do with the Java platform. So maybe you could try to de-install and re-install the latest Java platform...?

Kind regards
Anja

Thank you Anja.
I'll try with Java

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I uninstalled Java and now it works! Aug 27, 2010

Anja Weggel wrote:

Hi Vittorio,

Kind regards
Anja

I uninstalled Java and now it works!

Thank you Anja!

Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
you are welcome Aug 27, 2010

Hi Vittorio,

you are very welcome

I have no idea why it is so difficult to have a stable and "cooperative" Java but so far every now and then it causes problems. Sometimes I had to re-install several times. In any case, I am happy that it worked!

Best regards
Anja

Thomas Deschington
Poland
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Term Recognition works -> Doesn't work -> Works, but target = source Sep 3, 2010

Hi guys,

I'm working in Studio 2009 SP2. Got a package with files, TMs and termbase from a client. Everything worked fine. I also added my own termbase to which I'm adding terms from the project, which also worked fine. Don't remember what I did exactly, but for some reason TR stopped working. No hits at all even though I knew the terms were in the base.

Then I ran Uninstall a program -> Repair, and then TR works but the target term is identical to the source term!

Anyone got a clue about what's going on and how to fix it?

Thomas

Thomas Deschington
Poland
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Solution found Sep 16, 2010

Thomas Deschington wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm working in Studio 2009 SP2. Got a package with files, TMs and termbase from a client. Everything worked fine. I also added my own termbase to which I'm adding terms from the project, which also worked fine. Don't remember what I did exactly, but for some reason TR stopped working. No hits at all even though I knew the terms were in the base.

Then I ran Uninstall a program -> Repair, and then TR works but the target term is identical to the source term!

Anyone got a clue about what's going on and how to fix it?

Thomas

Just FYI: I found the solution to my problem by accident. In Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> All language pairs -> Termbases, in the section called Indexes, the index for the target language was set to Not specified. I changed it to my target language, and now the Term Recognition window in Editor view displays both source and target term.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase active terminology recognition

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search