Trados 2007 bar not present in MS Office 2010 running under Windows 7
Thread poster: Leendert Hennevanger

Leendert Hennevanger  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:29
English to Dutch
Aug 28, 2010

Dear collegues,
Due to a system crash two days ago I decided to buy a new computer running Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Iam running Trados 2007 8.0.0.822 (build 822)
I would like to know which steps to take to be able using Trados within MS Word.
Could anyone of you tell me what to do?
Thank you in advance!
Leendert Hennevanger
TextProfiler

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 10:29
French to German
+ ...
Upgrade or use an older Word Aug 28, 2010

Trados 2007 should be compatible with Windows 7, but it will most probably not handle Word 2010 because support for Word 2010 will only be available in a few days for SDL Trados Studio with the SP3 release.
I do not know whether SDL has any plans to release a hotfix that will make the 2007 release compatible with Word 2010. If they do, it will most probably be for the latest release, SDL Trados 2007 Suite (build 863), which means that you would anyway have to upgrade at least to build 863 (aka SDL Trados 2007 Suite).

The best approach would be to upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2009, which is compatible both with Windows 7 and Office 2010 (starting with SP3 in a few days).

Walter

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:29
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados 2007 bar not present in MS Office 2010 Aug 29, 2010

This issues frequently occurs to my combination of older versions sometimes e.g. Word 2003+Trados 6.0, Word 2003+Trados 2007 in Windows XP environment. If you want to challenge without too quickly paying for the newer version Trados upgrade, many suggestions in this Proz forum will guide you in details. Press the search button. I understand the methods being proposed can be applied with Word 2010 as well.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 bar not present in MS Office 2010 running under Windows 7

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search