Different symbols in the clean and unclean version
Thread poster: Johann Audouin
Johann Audouin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:51
English to French
Aug 31, 2010

Hello everybody !

I finally managed to translate with Workbench : I got my unclean file, my clean file and my .BAK. But some of the symbols changed from unclean to clean. For example, my "ê" disappeared and my "é" became "Z" with an inverted "^" on them...

What should I do to have the same symbols in the clean version ?

Direct link Reply with quote

Johann Audouin  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem with the TM Aug 31, 2010

I am using the TM I created with the previous file I was talking about and here again, some of the symbols are replaced by others.

Please let me know what I should do.

xxxOlaf
English to German
More information needed Sep 1, 2010

Without knowing the Trados and MS Office version numbers, it's hard to pinpoint this problem.

I remember that older versions of Trados TWB had problems with MS Word RTF files created on a Mac because of codepage differences.

Other possibilities are that a .txt TM was imported with the wrong settings or wrong TM target language selection upon TM creation.

Finally, check whether the text that you translated has been marked as French text.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:51
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Adobe font family Sep 2, 2010

In my FrameMaker and many Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.) family files, my fonts often change. Like Apple Mac program files, the font coding is different. I only need to do Find/Replace manually in the target files.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different symbols in the clean and unclean version

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search