https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/179243-sdl_trados_2007_error_hresult_e_fail_has_been_returned_from_a_call_to_a_com.html

SDL TRADOS 2007 Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM
Thread poster: Salome Salazar, M.A.
Salome Salazar, M.A.
Salome Salazar, M.A.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2010

hi!!
I guess yesterday I closed TRados too quickly and today when I opened the file an the box, instead of showing the orginal text and my transaltion as usually, the box only apparead grey!! and this error:Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM

An when I tried to open just the tradostag document this error appeared (4007): Error reading TTX file: The input ended bef
... See more

hi!!
I guess yesterday I closed TRados too quickly and today when I opened the file an the box, instead of showing the orginal text and my transaltion as usually, the box only apparead grey!! and this error:Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM

An when I tried to open just the tradostag document this error appeared (4007): Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'Raw'

I don´t know how to recover my translation! I´m about to cry because it was a long text and I was to finish it

HELP PLEASE!!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Your TTX file is corrupt Sep 1, 2010

Without a knowledge how to repair that xml file the easiest way of continuing to work will be to recreate the TTX again and translate from TM.

Amanda Grey
Amanda Grey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:02
French to English
Big advantage of CAT Sep 12, 2010

Whatever the CAT tool, one of the major advantages of using it is, as well as increased speed, coherence and efficiency, every sentence is saved with its translation in the memory as you go.

As a result, if the translated file gets corrupted (as often happens with Trados, especially when moving files from place to place), your translation is safe in the memory.

All you have to do is retranslate the original: hit "Translate to fuzzy", and sit back and wait for the automa
... See more
Whatever the CAT tool, one of the major advantages of using it is, as well as increased speed, coherence and efficiency, every sentence is saved with its translation in the memory as you go.

As a result, if the translated file gets corrupted (as often happens with Trados, especially when moving files from place to place), your translation is safe in the memory.

All you have to do is retranslate the original: hit "Translate to fuzzy", and sit back and wait for the automatic translation process to reach the last sentence you ended at before all hell broke lose.

Do not despair!
Collapse

Salome Salazar, M.A.
Salome Salazar, M.A.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Sep 13, 2010

Thank you very much, at the end that´s what I did and it all worked well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »