Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:37
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2010

Hi,

I want to keep all my translation memories in one central folder.

However, when I create a new project, I create TM in the central folder, Trados creates another TM in the project folder and keeps working from there. But, TM in project properties appears to be the one in central folder not TM.

I am really confused. I don't want to keep transferring from one TM to another.

I have tried to find some solutions on talisma and this forums. Probably, I couldn't get to the right words.

Thank you

Hakan

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:37
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not create project TMs Sep 1, 2010

And you will not have this "problem", which in fact is none.
This is a great feature, allowing me to update my main TM with ready and proofread translation and to keep the working tm small and fast.
But if you wish just to work with the main TM, do not use the "Project TM" feature.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM in custom location vs project folder issue

Advanced search

Across Translator Edition and Across Language Server v7
Meet our brand new version and speed up your translation processes!

Deliver high-quality translations with our fast and secure solutions. You can also integrate machine translation and other third-party systems. The Across Translator Basic Edition is free for freelancers. Start now and discover new business opportuniti

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search