Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 04:33
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2010

Hi,

I want to keep all my translation memories in one central folder.

However, when I create a new project, I create TM in the central folder, Trados creates another TM in the project folder and keeps working from there. But, TM in project properties appears to be the one in central folder not TM.

I am really confused. I don't want to keep transferring from one TM to another.

I have tried to find some solutions on talisma and this forums. Probably, I couldn't get to the right words.

Thank you

Hakan

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:33
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not create project TMs Sep 1, 2010

And you will not have this "problem", which in fact is none.
This is a great feature, allowing me to update my main TM with ready and proofread translation and to keep the working tm small and fast.
But if you wish just to work with the main TM, do not use the "Project TM" feature.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM in custom location vs project folder issue

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search