Thread poster: Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:26
French to English
+ ...
Sep 3, 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to import entries from a Multiterm glossary supplied to me by a client. I have created a Termbase using the Termbase definition sent by the client. When I try to import the terms from the XML import file, Multiterm throws an error, stating that "irregularities were encountered".

I looked at the resulting log file, which says that two picklist entries are missing from the definition.

Upon editing the termbase definition, I can add one of the picklist entries, but not the other. The missing picklist entry is "COMPANY", but as there is already a picklist entry of "Company", Multiterm won't let me add the same word in all caps, and this appears to be the reason why the terms aren't imported.

I have looked for ways to make picklist definitions case sensitive, but have so far drawn a blank. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:26
French to German
+ ...
Picklist values are not case-sensitive Sep 5, 2010

The answer is simple: they are not case-sensitive. Do you really need this?
Usually picklist values are used for example for the status field or the customer, etc. and why should there be a difference between "recommended" and "Recommended" or between "Company" and "COMPANY"?

Walter

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:26
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 6, 2010

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's in the status field.

You're right that there shouldn't be a difference between "Company" and "COMPANY", but it appears that there is. When I process the entries, I keep getting the "irregularities" error message. When I check the log file, it says that "COMPANY" is missing from the picklist if I have entered "Company", and that "Company" is missing if I have entered "COMPANY". It's very odd.

However, my workaround is to use Apsic xBench. It's just annoying that I can't seem to use Multiterm in this particular case.

FarkasAndras
Local time: 14:26
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Fix the source file Sep 6, 2010

Just use search and replace to fix the XML, i.e. unifiy all occurrences of "Company/company" to whatever you prefer.
Include the field's XML tag in the replacement expression to make sure the global replace operation doesn't touch other parts of the file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Case sensitive picklist values in Multiterm

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search