Thread poster: Susanne Schiewe

Susanne Schiewe
Germany
Local time: 08:41
Member (2009)
English to German
Sep 4, 2010

Dear colleagues,

There was problem today when I started my computer (error message 'CMOS - checksum error'). It seems that there is a problem with the BIOS battery and obviously, some settings have been reset (like the clock, e.g.).

Now, Trados 2007 runs in demo mode. I have entered the correct activation key several times (and received a message that the registration was successful), restarted the computer and reran the registration (Start > All Programs ....). FLEXnet Licensing Service is actived,too. But the Workbench and TagEditor still open in demo mode.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem without a reinstallation?

Many thanks in advance,
Susanne

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-04 11:24 GMT]

Olaf (X)
English to German
Did you set the BIOS time to the current time and date? Sep 4, 2010

This might be a long shot, but some software programs that are also available as a trial version check if if someone has reset the system clock to extend the trial period and if they find signs of tampering, they'll switch to demo mode.

Did you:
a) replace the BIOS battery?
b) set both the BIOS clock and the Windows clock to current time and date?

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:41
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Restore PC to a previous state Sep 4, 2010

You may want to do this. I have done it a few times when issues of that type occur.

Go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore and select the date that you want to go back to.

I usually restore to the day before, so I only lose any new program I have installed during that day. Nothing else is lost.

HTH

Elías

Susanne Schiewe
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
too late ... Sep 4, 2010

Hi Elías,

Many thanks, sounds great! I should have waited a bit but as I am in a hurry, I have already deinstalled Trados and now I have the next problem. The reinstallation does not work because Trados requires .NET Framework 2.0.

Now, there are higher versions on my computer and from I have learned in older threads, it seems impossible to deinstall the .NET Framework versions.

I wonder if I have to reinstall Windows ...

PS: I've tried to restore the system but I get a message that a restoration isn't possible because no changes can be found. Well, surprise, surpriseicon_wink.gif

Susanne

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-04 15:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 runs in Demo mode only

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search