Thread poster: Susanne Schiewe

Susanne Schiewe
Germany
Local time: 00:54
Member (2009)
English to German
Sep 4, 2010

Dear colleagues,

There was problem today when I started my computer (error message 'CMOS - checksum error'). It seems that there is a problem with the BIOS battery and obviously, some settings have been reset (like the clock, e.g.).

Now, Trados 2007 runs in demo mode. I have entered the correct activation key several times (and received a message that the registration was successful), restarted the computer and reran the registration (Start > All Programs ....). FLEXnet Licensing Service is actived,too. But the Workbench and TagEditor still open in demo mode.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem without a reinstallation?

Many thanks in advance,
Susanne

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-04 11:24 GMT]

Olaf (X)
English to German
Did you set the BIOS time to the current time and date? Sep 4, 2010

This might be a long shot, but some software programs that are also available as a trial version check if if someone has reset the system clock to extend the trial period and if they find signs of tampering, they'll switch to demo mode.

Did you:
a) replace the BIOS battery?
b) set both the BIOS clock and the Windows clock to current time and date?

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:54
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Restore PC to a previous state Sep 4, 2010

You may want to do this. I have done it a few times when issues of that type occur.

Go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore and select the date that you want to go back to.

I usually restore to the day before, so I only lose any new program I have installed during that day. Nothing else is lost.

HTH

Elías

Susanne Schiewe
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
too late ... Sep 4, 2010

Hi Elías,

Many thanks, sounds great! I should have waited a bit but as I am in a hurry, I have already deinstalled Trados and now I have the next problem. The reinstallation does not work because Trados requires .NET Framework 2.0.

Now, there are higher versions on my computer and from I have learned in older threads, it seems impossible to deinstall the .NET Framework versions.

I wonder if I have to reinstall Windows ...

PS: I've tried to restore the system but I get a message that a restoration isn't possible because no changes can be found. Well, surprise, surpriseicon_wink.gif

Susanne

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-04 15:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 runs in Demo mode only

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search