Thread poster: Jan Kruse

Jan Kruse
Germany
Local time: 01:35
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 5, 2010

Dear collegues,

I am facing problems with the integration of MultiTerm, the CleanUp of TE files ("class not registered") and some other minor functions within my new Trados installation on Windows 7.

A reason might be that I am always getting the error message "Microsoft Register Server has stopped working" (Microsoft Registerserver funktioniert nicht mehr), when trying to register the SDL Trados 7 Freelance installation.

Windows 7
Trados 7.1.0 719
MultiTerm 2007
Office 2000

Does anybody know what this is about and how to fix that problem?

Thanks in advance!

Jan

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you run it with Admin rights? Sep 5, 2010

Jan

Did you run the batch file with admin rights? If yes and you still get the error, try the solution described here

http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/microsoft-register-server-has-stopped-working/

If that does not help, I suggest that you google for this error message, you'll find quite a few answers and one will hopefully help you solve the problem.

Walter

Jan Kruse
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
owning files makes the difference Sep 5, 2010

Hi Walter,
thanks for your message.

This was an administrator problem, indeed. The admin settings in Windows 7 are somewhat different from earlier OSs, for security reasons, I guess. Even when you are labelled as Administrator you don´t have all full rights.

Some applications suffer from this settings. For these you have to "own" the important files:

How to: http://www.wintotal.de/tipparchiv/?id=1325 (German)

After gaining ownership the problem was solved.

Cheers
Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Register Server has stopped working

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search