"Filename incorrect" error while uploading translated .itds to the SDL TMS.
Thread poster: Levsha
Levsha
Levsha
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:29
Sep 5, 2010

Hi all!

I've been working with the translation package in the SDL Translation Management Server 2007 (version 9.3.3.3160.4). Everything was fine, I've downloaded the files and translated them in SDL edit, but when I try to upload the translated .irds back to the server, I receive continious "Filename incorrect" error. Of course, filenames has not been changed - in fact it happens even when I try to upload back the source files I've downloaded for translation.

I understa
... See more
Hi all!

I've been working with the translation package in the SDL Translation Management Server 2007 (version 9.3.3.3160.4). Everything was fine, I've downloaded the files and translated them in SDL edit, but when I try to upload the translated .irds back to the server, I receive continious "Filename incorrect" error. Of course, filenames has not been changed - in fact it happens even when I try to upload back the source files I've downloaded for translation.

I understand that this question should be adressed to the client's IT-team, but at the moment nobody is online there and maybe this is a common problem.

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Levsha
Levsha
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:29
TOPIC STARTER
solved Sep 6, 2010

Finally solved, topic can be closed - I just wasn't aware of the fact that filenames should have TASK* prefix for server can assign them correctly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Filename incorrect" error while uploading translated .itds to the SDL TMS.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »