Need help to restore word macros for Trados
Thread poster: Yoko Busk
Yoko Busk
Yoko Busk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 6, 2010

Some of my agencies ask me to translate in Word file, and one of them to deliver clean file. I learned how to clean the bilingual file using macros for trados in this forum.
But, somehow (by mistake), I have deleted 'tw4win.Clean.Main' command and don't know how to create it again. I'm still learning about macro and not very successful.
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can explain how to restore this macros. Please reply in English or Japanese. Thank you.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Copy a fresh Trados template to Word startup folder Sep 6, 2010

You will find a fresh copy of the Trados template within your Trados installation folder, which is typically on c: within programs - \sdl international\T2007FL\TT\Templates
From there COPY (do not MOVE, just COPY) either Trados8.dot for Word 2000-2003 or Trados8.dotm for Word 2007 (NOT both). Insert it in Word startup folder. This you can locate from within Word via Tools - Options.
You will be asked to replace the file which is already there - say yes and your macro will be back whe
... See more
You will find a fresh copy of the Trados template within your Trados installation folder, which is typically on c: within programs - \sdl international\T2007FL\TT\Templates
From there COPY (do not MOVE, just COPY) either Trados8.dot for Word 2000-2003 or Trados8.dotm for Word 2007 (NOT both). Insert it in Word startup folder. This you can locate from within Word via Tools - Options.
You will be asked to replace the file which is already there - say yes and your macro will be back where it belongs.

Other way would be using the Organizer in Word to copy macros between two templates. Look in the Word help how to use this feature.
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Just one remark to the above Sep 6, 2010

Word has to be closed when you copy Trados template.

Yoko Busk
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Need help to restore word macros for Trados Sep 6, 2010

Thank you Jerzy and Yossi. I will try it today. Thank you very much for your quick response.

Yoko Busk
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where's Word startup folder? Sep 6, 2010

I'm sorry it must be very basic question, but I can't find Word startup folder in Explorer.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 18:00
English to Thai
+ ...
Windows Programe File folder Sep 8, 2010

Yoko Busk wrote:

I'm sorry it must be very basic question, but I can't find Word startup folder in Explorer.

It is a Windows Programe File sub-folder for MS Office [e.g. Office 2007]. Use Windows Explorer/My Computer icon to check it or use Folder Search.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You may need to show option to display system folders Sep 8, 2010

Yoko Busk wrote:

It is here:

Windows 7: c:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\
Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\\AppData\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\

You need to enable the option to see system folders in order to see this folder. You'll find explanation on how to do this here:

For Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/folderopt_display_all_cpl_and_folder.mspx?mfr=true

For Windows 7: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/394-hidden-files-folders-show-hide.html

Walter

Yoko Busk
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 10, 2010

Thank you Soonthon and Walter. I might need to brush up technical side of this job.

Thank you very much for your time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help to restore word macros for Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »