Thread poster: Toulousaine
Toulousaine  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:07
French to English
+ ...
Sep 6, 2010

Hello,

I received sample files that I am supposed to use in SDL Trados Studio but they are .bpm files and I have no idea how to open them.

Could anybody help?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:07
English
BPM Files Sep 6, 2010

Hi Toulousaine,

You have been given AutoSuggest Dictionaries that you use to help you during your Translation. To use them go to Tools - Options - Language Pairs then select the relevant language pair and add the BPM under AutoSuggest Dictionaries.

Then, make sure that under Tools - Options - AutoSuggest you have checked the boxes to enable AutoSuggest and to use AutoSuggest Dictionaries.

Now when you start a translation using this language pair you will be presented with subsegment matches as you type, in addition to matches from MultiTerm or AutoText if you are using these too.

Regards

Paul

xxxyanadeni  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:07
French to Russian
+ ...
edit Feb 8, 2011

Hi, SDL Support.

Is there a way I can see the content of these files or edit them?

Thx

[Edited at 2011-02-08 16:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

open .bpm files

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search