Padlock sign on translation memory icon
Thread poster: Danny E11

Danny E11
Local time: 11:02
English to Italian
Sep 6, 2010

Hi,

I've just installed Trados 7 and Word 2003 (I read somwhere Trados 7 doesn't work with newer versions of Word) on my Windows 7 Professional computer and I noticed that when I create/import a TM on the icon there is a little yellow padlock, which is not there on my laptop (with Vista) and wasn't there on my old computer (with XP). What does it mean and is there a way to turn it off?

Also, at first it seemed to be working fine, but I have now translated a small rtf file - it let me translate it normally but then after finishing the translation and saving it, if I open it again I cannot do anything on the document (whether trados is open or not) because Word crashes - does anyone know how to solve this problem? I tried to open the translated file on my laptop and it works fine there.

Because I have Windows 7 Professional I also have the XP Mode, should I uninstall Trados and install it again in the XP mode? What about Word 2003 then, would it have to go on the XP mode too?

Thanks in advance for your help

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:02
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Licence problem? Sep 7, 2010

Can it be you have not activated your Trados on the second machine? I don't remember if I ever say this padlock. Hope someone knows.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Padlock sign on translation memory icon

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search