How to stop studio adding space before and after slash “/”?
Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:10
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2010

Studio is adding spaces before and after a slash “/” so the Italian source “e/o” becomes “and / or” in the English target instead of “and/or” and I have to delete the added spaces.
Spaces should only be added before and after a slash when it’s used to separate lines and not single words, so the target should be and/or.
Any tips on how to stop studio adding these spaces.
In Project settings options the only thing I’ve found that resembles this is in Measureme
... See more
Studio is adding spaces before and after a slash “/” so the Italian source “e/o” becomes “and / or” in the English target instead of “and/or” and I have to delete the added spaces.
Spaces should only be added before and after a slash when it’s used to separate lines and not single words, so the target should be and/or.
Any tips on how to stop studio adding these spaces.
In Project settings options the only thing I’ve found that resembles this is in Measurements – Use same spacing.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Jo
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:10
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Think it was something silly in the online TM. Sep 7, 2010

Problem solved
Thanks
Jo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to stop studio adding space before and after slash “/”?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »