Thread poster: Karin Walker
Karin Walker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:42
German to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2010

Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my PC with a Mac where I installed a virtual Windows machine, so I could continue using my Windows-only software, including Trados. Now I've finally found the time to install it on the new machine, only to find that in the My Account area at SDL my license is marked as being "in use".

It seems as if I need to "return" or deregister it before I can transfer it to a new computer. Is this correct? I have searched the SDL database but couldn't find any instructions.

I am still in possession of my activation code. I also ought to mention that the old PC has been decommissioned. I transferred all files associated with SDL/Trados where they lie in wait on my new desktop.

I'd be grateful for any help.

TIA
Karin
Version of Trados: SDL Trados 2007 Freelance

[Edited at 2010-09-07 13:04 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Not good Sep 7, 2010

You should have returned the license before you stopped using your old machine. Now you should contact SDL Service and ask for a new license. Go to the website, log in and click on My support.
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transfer a license to a new machine

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search