How to QA Number Check in SDLX
Thread poster: Lois Ring
Lois Ring
Lois Ring  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:08
German to English
Sep 8, 2010

Hi everyone,

I've been working with SDLX for a few months and have heard of a feature which automatically checks the numbers in bilingual .itd files but can't find any information concerning how to actually go about this.

Apparently it can be carried out as part of the QA checking process. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Pfann
Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:08
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Separate tool: SDL NumCheck Sep 8, 2010

As far as I know this is a separate tool called SDL NumCheck (latest version is v3, I think).

I did not find any information about it on the SDL website, but if you google "SDL NumCheck" you get a few places where you can download the tool for free. It might be included in Studio 2009, but definitely not in earlier versions of SDLX Trados.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
SDL NumCheck is not included in Studio Sep 8, 2010

...if you google "SDL NumCheck" you get a few places where you can download the tool for free. It might be included in Studio 2009, but definitely not in earlier versions of SDLX Trados.

It is not included in Studio for the simple reason that SDL Trados Studio 2009 is a completely new product, which has nothing to do with the former product SDLX.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-08 08:06 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
NumCheck Sep 8, 2010

Thomas Pfann wrote:

As far as I know this is a separate tool called SDL NumCheck (latest version is v3, I think).

I did not find any information about it on the SDL website, but if you google "SDL NumCheck" you get a few places where you can download the tool for free. It might be included in Studio 2009, but definitely not in earlier versions of SDLX Trados.

Just add some further clarification to this. This tool was an internally developed tool by one of SDL's Translation Divisions and was never offerred for general consumption, nor was it supported, so if you find it on Google the use will be at your own risk (you can't always be sure the exe is what it says it is through an unofficial source).

It's function was to check whether the number in the source was the same as the number in the target, ignoring all formatting, so just the value.

As Walter says, this is not a tool that we provide as part of Studio, but Studio doesn't need it because it has this feature built in through Tools - Options - Verification - QA Checker - Numbers.

Regards

Paul

Lois Ring
Lois Ring  Identity Verified
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 8, 2010

Thanks for your help. I'll have to try using Studio, then. I haven't really bothered yet as my clients mostly stipulte SDLX.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:08
English to Thai
+ ...
Confirm Sep 8, 2010

SDL Support wrote:

It's function was to check whether the number in the source was the same as the number in the target, ignoring all formatting, so just the value.

As Walter says, this is not a tool that we provide as part of Studio, but Studio doesn't need it because it has this feature built in through Tools - Options - Verification - QA Checker - Numbers.

Yes, I verify this setting. I always use it.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Christina-Maria Carbogno
Christina-Maria Carbogno
United States
Local time: 22:08
English to German
+ ...
Log files of the QA check performed in Trados Studio? Mar 19, 2011

Hello!
Your discussion was a great help for me! My client would like to have the QA log file. I translated an .itd file in Studio 2009. Can I obtain a log file that proves that I have done the QA?

Thank you so much for your help!

Warm wishes,

Christina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to QA Number Check in SDLX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »