adding a further language to workbench
Thread poster: Katrin Kusunoki

Katrin Kusunoki
Japan
Local time: 05:13
Sep 8, 2010

Hello,

I am using SDL 2007, and I would like to know if there is any way to add a further language to the workbench settings?

According to the manual, setting of the languages should be done during the installing process. I don't remember the details of installing, but it seems I installed only two languages while I acutally need three. I tried to install again without uninstalling (i.e. kind of "overwrite" the previous), but it didn't work, there was no step during the installing to set languages. Does this mean I have to uninstall and then completely newly install? Or is there any other way to do this within the presently installed system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katrin Kusunoki

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:13
French to German
+ ...
You'll need to reinstall the SW Sep 8, 2010

in order to change the language selection, I am afraid.

Walter

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 21:13
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
you can try a registry hack Sep 8, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

Antonin

Katrin Kusunoki
Japan
Local time: 05:13
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 9, 2010

Thanks a lot for your answers!

It seems that in my case it will be the best to install again.

Here is a little comment: the language I would like to add is Japanese. I tried and found that, to my surprise, it even works with my present setting (English/German). The only problem is that the system obvioulsy does not recognize periods at the end of a sentece, probably because they look like a little circle and not a dot. All other characters (matches, repetitions) are OK. Therefore I suppose it should work even better with European languages. Which leads me to the question what actually the language settings are good for...

Thanks again, and regards!
Katrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

adding a further language to workbench

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search