https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/179732-adding_a_further_language_to_workbench.html

adding a further language to workbench
Thread poster: Katrin Kusunoki
Katrin Kusunoki
Katrin Kusunoki
Japan
Local time: 11:30
Sep 8, 2010

Hello,

I am using SDL 2007, and I would like to know if there is any way to add a further language to the workbench settings?

According to the manual, setting of the languages should be done during the installing process. I don't remember the details of installing, but it seems I installed only two languages while I acutally need three. I tried to install again without uninstalling (i.e. kind of "overwrite" the previous), but it didn't work, there was no step during th
... See more
Hello,

I am using SDL 2007, and I would like to know if there is any way to add a further language to the workbench settings?

According to the manual, setting of the languages should be done during the installing process. I don't remember the details of installing, but it seems I installed only two languages while I acutally need three. I tried to install again without uninstalling (i.e. kind of "overwrite" the previous), but it didn't work, there was no step during the installing to set languages. Does this mean I have to uninstall and then completely newly install? Or is there any other way to do this within the presently installed system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katrin Kusunoki
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 04:30
French to German
+ ...
You'll need to reinstall the SW Sep 8, 2010

in order to change the language selection, I am afraid.

Walter

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 04:30
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
you can try a registry hack Sep 8, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

Antonin

Katrin Kusunoki
Katrin Kusunoki
Japan
Local time: 11:30
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 9, 2010

Thanks a lot for your answers!

It seems that in my case it will be the best to install again.

Here is a little comment: the language I would like to add is Japanese. I tried and found that, to my surprise, it even works with my present setting (English/German). The only problem is that the system obvioulsy does not recognize periods at the end of a sentece, probably because they look like a little circle and not a dot. All other characters (matches, repetitions) are OK
... See more
Thanks a lot for your answers!

It seems that in my case it will be the best to install again.

Here is a little comment: the language I would like to add is Japanese. I tried and found that, to my surprise, it even works with my present setting (English/German). The only problem is that the system obvioulsy does not recognize periods at the end of a sentece, probably because they look like a little circle and not a dot. All other characters (matches, repetitions) are OK. Therefore I suppose it should work even better with European languages. Which leads me to the question what actually the language settings are good for...

Thanks again, and regards!
Katrin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

adding a further language to workbench

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »