Exporting SDL Studio 2009 XLIFF bilingual files into SDL Trados 2007 bilingual Word files
Thread poster: Sara Carboni

Sara Carboni  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:22
French to Italian
+ ...
Sep 8, 2010

Hello,

I usually receive word documents and Trados 2007 TMs from a client who needs both clean and bilingual Word files back.

I have just upgraded to Studio 2009 so, upon translation completion, I would like to export my bilingual SDL XLIFF files into Trados 2007 bilingual files.

I think I should export the translated 2009 file into tmx format but do not know exactly how to do this.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Sara

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Rather difficult... Sep 8, 2010

Have a look here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/178915-by_using_trados_2009_how_do_you_produce_uncleaned_bilingual_doc_file.html

Going through tmx does not make much sense - segmentation and tagging will be different, so the file would require heavy editing.

Sara Carboni  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Exporting SDL Studio 2009 XLIFF bilingual files into SDL Trados 2007 bilingual Word files Sep 8, 2010

Quite an exhaustive overview!

Many thanks,

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting SDL Studio 2009 XLIFF bilingual files into SDL Trados 2007 bilingual Word files

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search