Please help I am unable to finalize my translation.
Thread poster: JRumbles
Sep 8, 2010

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to finalize my translation through Batch Tasks but I have an error message that reads:

"SDLXLIFF validation error at line 1979 offset 2177: the key sequence '440' in Keyref fails to refer to some key."

I have no idea how to fix this issue and it seems I am unable to finalize the translation without fixing this error first. Does anyone please have any helpful inspiration?

I have searched through other forum posts and written to SDL via their Support package and have had no reply yet.

Thank you in advance!

Jennifer


 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What was the source format? Sep 8, 2010

Did you check the file for tag errors?
What happens after a restart of your computer?
Can you produce the target from the same file before you even start translating?


 

JRumbles
TOPIC STARTER
What I have done so far... Sep 8, 2010

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for your reply.

Restarting doesn't affect it, tag verification has highlighted no problems and there were no problems highlighted during the translation.

I can produce a translation by doing View In MS Word as Target. The problem is that I can't generate the proper target file structure and update the TM properly,

Thanks,


 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Source was Word? Sep 8, 2010

When you translated the file, the tm (at least the project tm) has been updated along with your work.
Go to the folder where your translation is stored. There is also a subfolder for project settings, if a project tm exists, you'll find a subfolder there and a tm within. By double clicking it you can open it in Studio. Then it will be listed in the translation memory list on the Navigation pane. Right click it there, chose export and export the content to your hdd. With this content you can update your main TM.
As for the target translation - if you are able to preview in Word just store that file - this is your final translation.
In case you will have a "clean" SDLXLIFF file - take a copy of the Word source, create a new project and pretranslate the file using batch task. This should deliver you a working SDLXLIFF file.


 

JRumbles
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 8, 2010

Thanks Jerzy,

I really appreciate all your help.

Jennifer


 

Daniel Pestana  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:02
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi Sep 9, 2010

I've experienced the same problems with several documents and after a complete analysis of the content I noticed that clean up was not possible either because the document was linked to a server or because it had images or files embedded (PDF). I just deleted the images or the embedded files and the problem was solved. After clean up I added everything back. Not a great solution, but it worked. I hope it helps.

Best,
Daniel


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help I am unable to finalize my translation.

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search