Trados 2007 Pro: Error creating translation memory
Thread poster: Infinitytrans

Infinitytrans
Local time: 11:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2010

Hello,

I am using SDL Trados 2007 Professional running on Windows XP. I am trying to create a new project for translation of two MS Word documents (Word 2003) from English into Tagalog. At the end of the project creation process when it processes the files and does pre-translation and creates a project translation memory (we have no pre-existing TM for this one) I get the following error:

--System.ArgumentException: The target locale(s) is unspecified, invalid, or has not been installed.
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.ProjectTM.ProjectTMTask.Run()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TaskBase.Sdl.ProjectApi.IAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute(IExecutingAutomaticTask executingAutomaticTask)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.AutomaticTaskExecuter.Execute() --

I definitely specified the target language and, since I have "Professional" I should have unlimited languages and not be limited to installation of only 5 of them.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Joe

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:50
French to German
+ ...
Which application are you using? 2007 or Studio? Sep 9, 2010

Infinitytrans wrote:

Hello,

I am using SDL Trados 2007 Professional running on Windows XP. I am trying to create a new project

You specify that you use the 2007 version, so how do you create a project? Did you do this in Synergy?

At the end of the project creation process when it processes the files and does pre-translation and creates a project translation memory (we have no pre-existing TM for this one) ...

I now reckon you really mean Studio 2009 since automatic pretranslation and "project memory" does not apply to the 2007 version.

However, what puzzles me is that I don't have Tagalog as a language in the language selection of Studio.

So, before we try to diagnose the problem any further it would help if you could tell us exactly what you did using which software.

Walter

Infinitytrans
Local time: 11:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am using SDL Trados 2007 - Synergy Sep 9, 2010

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your response. I am in fact using 2007 professional and using Synergy to create the project. When creating the project, if you do not select an existing translation memory it creates a new one at the end of the project creation process. At that point I get the error message that I posted. It seems as though it is acting like I have 2007 Freelance version which limits you to 5 languages but I actually have 2007 professional which has unlimited languages.

What do you think?

Joe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Pro: Error creating translation memory

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search