2009: Missing matches & tag warnings (?)
Thread poster: Marketing-Lang.

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:06
English to German
+ ...
Sep 9, 2010

Dear Prozzers,
I'm trying to come to terms with some of the finer details of Studio 2009.
This screenshot shows two segments, each of which raises a question for me...

Untitled.jpg

1) For the first segment, the warning triangle is saying something about tag order being reversed. But I can't see any tags to correct. How can I correct these tags?

2) The second segment's target remains empty, even though the (manual) concordance search finds a 100% match. Why doesn't Studio take the match?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

All the best,
-Mike-

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You do not show any tags, but they are physically still there Sep 9, 2010

You work in the WYSIWYG environment, so instead of (clean) tag view you have just the formatting view. When formatting order changes the error message remains the same - tag order has been changed, because formatting is in fact nothing else as tags. Try to show tags in your document to get a better understanding of the way this works.

As for your other question: the red mark beside your segment shows, that you cinfirmed an empty translation. Please click in the target segment and press CTRL+SHIFT+T
If Studio does not find a match, try to reorganize your TM - Project settings, language pair, point the TM, chose "Setting" and go there. There are two functions for maintaning the tm now, let both run.
This may help.
In fact Studio indeed misses matches quite rarely under certain circumstances - I did not yet find out exactly when and how to aviod this.

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 9, 2010

Thank you, Jerzy... I wish I'd asked before spending so long hunting around for information. That's a great help!
All the best,
-Mike-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2009: Missing matches & tag warnings (?)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search