Fehler: Zieltext konnte nicht gespeichert werden: An error occured while writing the document.
Thread poster: Veneta Georgieva

Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Local time: 23:25
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
Sep 10, 2010

Hello,

I use SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2 - 9.1.1264.0 and I've just finished quite a large project but when I tried to save the file as target text the following message appeared: Zieltext konnte nicht gespeichert werden: An error occured while writing the document.

I assume that the sourse doc-file was made from a .pdf and it contains some weird symbols which might be causing the problem.

I tried sending the file to a colleague so she could try saving the target text but she received the same error message, I guess the source file is simply corrupted.

I am really desperate so I would be very grateful if anybody could give me a hand.

Thank you.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:25
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does the untouched or partially translated file save as target? Sep 10, 2010

This would be the first thing to start with - if yes, the problem is still your translation, if no, you will need to repair the source file.

But before you go checking please do a QA check on your translated file - press F8 and observe the error messages (if any) you get. By double clicking on error messages stating a missing tag go to the affected segment and correct the errors. Should you not find any, start the source diagnostic.

Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I do a source diagnostic? Sep 11, 2010

Hello Jerzy,

Thank you for your reply. It doesn't find any errors so I guess I should do a source diagnostic but I don't know how I'm afraid. Could you describe the actions path in German as my Studio is in German and my English isn't very good.

Thanks in advance!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:25
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Save source in another format and try again Sep 12, 2010

Save source as Word 2007 and try again.
If not, try to open source in OpenOffice and try again.
Was the source converted from PDF?

Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I saved the file as .rtf and it worked Sep 12, 2010

Thank you for giving me this piece of advice, Jerzy!

I saved the file as .rtf and it worked.

Yes, the source text had been converted from a .pdf by the client.

Once again, thank you very much for all your help, Jerzy. Your support has been excellent.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-12 17:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fehler: Zieltext konnte nicht gespeichert werden: An error occured while writing the document.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search