Thread poster: Aude Sylvain

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:43
English to French
+ ...
Sep 10, 2010

Hello all,

I bought a Studio licence a couple of months ago and am discovering the SW. I wish to create an Autosuggest dictionary.

I checked the Help files: this should be done thorough the "option" menu, clicking on 'generate' while in the "Autosuggest" category, or through the 'Generate autosuggest dictionary" in the Tools menu.

However these 2 functions are greyed in m version of Studio.

I did receive an activation code for SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on when i bought STudio, and I downloaded everything I was proposed to download (namely SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2, SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop SP2 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance).

Obviously I am missing something... could anyone help?

Many thanks,

Aude

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to activate this function again Sep 10, 2010

ASD creation requires a separate licence AFAIK.
As you say, you've purchased that, so maybe it is as simple as that and you need to enter the licence code again.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where do I put the licence code? Sep 10, 2010

Many thanks Jerzy, that's exactly my point: I have the activation code, I downloaded everything I was supposed to download, yet I am not asked to enter the activation code - Meaning the SW acts as if I did not have the licence...

Would you know where I am supposed to enter the code? My understanding is that AS is part of Studio, is that correct (i.e. I do not have a download a separate program/app)?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Licence manager Sep 10, 2010

Just start the Licence manager, click Activate online and enter the code there.
This should activate the additional function in the same way as it did activate the main program.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect! Sep 10, 2010

It worked!

I had come to the License manager in fact, but did not know I had to enter the whole list of activation codes (I had only entered the 'main' Studio code, at the very beginning).

Thanks Jerzy - really appreciate your help!

Have a great evening

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

creating/generating an autosuggest dictionary

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search