TagEditor, UnExpected exception thrown while saving to target
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana (X)

Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Sep 11, 2010

TagEditor, SDL Trados 2007 freelance, perfectly updated, trying to save a couple of inx files

after many Java issues that stopped me to translate these ttx files, now fixed, in the end I receive ceaselessly this error message, and as I don't have InDesign, I cannot know if TagEditor was not really able to save to target, but it seems so

the writing of this error message seems to me a Java one, but who knows?

I currently have jre1.5.0_10 (i.e. JRE6 update 10) required by SDL Trados 2007 freelance, and jre1.6.0_17 (i.e. JRE6 update 17) required by 2 dictionaries of mine

BTW, JRE6 installed itself in a folder named 1.6.0_10 instead of JRE6, and only after I renamed that folder as JRE6, i.e. the folder name invoked by my 2 dictionaries, they eventually worked !!!

may be I must do the same procedure for jre1.5.0_10 folder?
i.e. I must change jre1.5.0_10 folder name in JRE5 to have SDL Trados 2007 freelance recognize it and work rightly?

other ideas?

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-09-11 11:30 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
InDesign is very tricky Sep 11, 2010

Where you the one who created the ttx?
Otherwise the reason for the error is that you did not produce the ttx.

The error may also be caused by Java problems. You could testit by changing the Java virtual machine size in Trados filter settings. Start from the lowest possible value and test each set of values until you are succesful - hopefully.

Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
InDesign is very tricky Sep 11, 2010

Hi Jerzy

I received the inx files directly by my customer and I don't have InDesign

and about the Java virtual machine size in Trados filter settings, I read contrasting informations:
1 - who says that SDL 2007 freelance doesn't accept more than 512 MB
(http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/kb/article.aspx?aid=2192&link=)

2 - who says that SDL 2007 freelance SP2doesn't accept any RAM size but the defaul one, i.e. 64 MB as minimum and 128 as maximum, otherwise you'll surely have a (-2147467259): Failed to create Java Virtual Machine
(same link, bottom of the screen)

3 - who says that SDL 2007 freelance wants GBs of RAM
(somebody that claims to have had this tip from a SDL support responsible) ...
icon_wink.gif))

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-09-11 19:23 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please try to reduce the Java VM size Sep 12, 2010

The talisma article you quote does not say, that the program does reduce the memory.
It just says, that for Trados purposes the Java VM size is limited to 512 MB in order not to let Java take the whole memory. Nevertheless under certain circumstances this amout may be too much and Java will not find an unfragmented block of memory in that size. For this reason it is advisable to reduce Java VM size more strictly.
Try starting with the smallest setting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor, UnExpected exception thrown while saving to target

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search