Irene (Renata) Liapis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:35
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2010

Hello,
I decided to install studio 2009 last week (I had been using only SDL trados 2007 freelance before that).

For some reason, ever since I did that, I am unable to clean any bilingual files in workbench and need to use the macro (TW4WinClean.main) to clean the files.
To be more specific, when I choose "clean" it appears to pre-process and post process the file, but the file is not cleaned and I receive a message "2147467259" which reads "Target doc cannot be created because the tag structure in the tag editor document...' (the rest is not visible, however as I mentioned, this happens when trying to clean word documents with workbench, so tag editor is not involved at all).
So the number of segments and words appear under "total" in the clean up screen, but not under "cleaned".

Has anyone run into this problem?
Is there a way to get around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:35
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Re-register Trados Components Sep 12, 2010

Hi Renata,

Try running this file: c:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\SelfRegister.bat. It often helps to solve various problems. I hope it does so in your case.

Also, under Translation Memory Options, Tools, you might have the TRADOStag XML workflow checkboxes selected. I guess it could confuse Workbench when you try to clean a bilingual doc file.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
And what's wrong with the macro? Sep 12, 2010

If you just use the macro, no further problems will appear to you, no formatting mess, no lost docments - clean and fast process, much better than the so called "cleanup".
I understand the software should work properly. However I would simply continue using the macro for cleaning. Before cleaning simply store a copy of the file as rtf and use this to update your TM,
This way you achieve two goals: your file is cleaned fast and without any problems and you have another file for just updating the TM. The second file can be simply deleted after updating TM.

juliedru
Italian to English
winclean macro Sep 13, 2010

Hi, I am having the same problem, after installing studio2009, how do I use the macro and where do I find it?.... thanks

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Word macro, to be found in Word Sep 13, 2010

ALT+F8, then put "tw" in the space for macro name, select TW4Winclean.main and let it run.
Important: do not enter ANY CHARACTERS when the macro name is selected. Should you do so, you will change the of the macro and find it then never again.

juliedru
Italian to English
word macro Sep 13, 2010

Excellent! thanks very much

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench will not clean files after installing Studio 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search