Force Trados to save unchanged/inserted segments
Thread poster: Lutz Plueckhahn

Lutz Plueckhahn  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
Member (2003)
English to German
Sep 13, 2010

Dear all,

Can I tell Trados to save a segment in the TM together with the current date, when I have just accepted it unchanged as a 100% match? I have a situation here, where I have to see at what date a 100% match has been used/inserted unchanged.

Presently I have to rightclick the segment in the WG pane, select Edit and Save in order to assign the current date and time to it.

Thanks!
Lutz

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Field usage not an option? Sep 13, 2010

Studio stores the usage date and counter - you however need the mouse to get this information show. When you mouse over this area

you will see it.

Otherwise set a field for the current date.

Lutz Plueckhahn  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Sep 17, 2010

Dear Jerzy,

I found a solution or at least a workaround in WB. When you just accept a 100% match, WB will not update the segment in its TM. But when you login with a different user name or use the Project/Filter Settings, e.g. to set another Status, things look different.

Now Trados will save the used segment with the new ID or status (provided under Translation Memory Options you've selected Updating attribute and text fields>Used translation units>Update). Using a status, you can even set a Penalty for Attribute and text field differences, in order to make Trados stop, if a 100% match has a different status.

Cheers,
Lutz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Force Trados to save unchanged/inserted segments

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search