Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 04:30
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Sep 16, 2010

Dear all,

I have a question, which may seem very simple to you, but I actually lost track of the answer.

As I am translating in the Word doc, ALL translated text looks like this (with tags):

{0> Hallo < } 0 { > Привет < 0 }

How shall I hide the sourse text (Hallo) that was already translated, and leave only the target (Привет)?

I need that, for example, when I want to reread the whole text, still in an unclean file. (Now I have to read an English sentence, then a Russian, English, then Russian, very distracting...)

I hope you can understand what I mean and can help me.

Thank you in advance,

VS

[Edited at 2010-09-16 12:19 GMT]

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
To hide the tags and the source Sep 16, 2010

Hello Vitals

in word: tools, options and deflag "show hidden text" and you will see the target language only:)

Edit to tell you tha I have word in Italian so not totally sure if it is "show hidden text" however it is the box that allow you to show the hidden text that is flagged and you need to unflag it.

Regards!

[Edited at 2010-09-16 12:27 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:30
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not hide the source Sep 16, 2010

It is NOT advisable to hide the source, as you may damage the tags (so called segment delimiter).
If you really want to, simply switch off the display of hidden characters in Word via Tools - Options - View menu, non-printable characters.

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Not advisable yes.. Sep 16, 2010

But if one needs to read the target, it is confusing to have to see the source and the purple tags at least in my case I cross my eyes.

Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 04:30
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 16, 2010

Thank you, Angie, I suspected it was the hidden text function...but forgot where it was set.

Dziękuje, Jerzy, I will be careful with hidden tags.

Have a nice day!
VS

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:30
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
shortcut Sep 16, 2010

I recommend the shortcut ctrl+shift+8 to toggle hidden text on and off.icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados view in Word

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search