Cannot clean file because the TM appears to be corrupt
Thread poster: Crito (X)

Crito (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 16, 2010

I have to deliver a big job tomorrow morning but when I wanted to clean the file the TM appeared to be corrupt. None of the solutions suggested in Trados helps.

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Macro's Sep 16, 2010

I don't know whether it will work in your particular situation, but copy the file (just to be sure) and click on the Macro TW4winClean.Main. You will not save the translation into your TM, but it might clean your text.

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Not even creating a new TM or using the macro? Sep 16, 2010

Hello Crito,

if the file is translated and all tags there, well, create a new TM or simply use the macro (in MSWord) for cleaning the file...am I missing something?

Giuliana

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
Backup your files, clean your document, then seek help from SDL Support Sep 16, 2010

That can happen. You can clean the file with the mentioned methods, but your real problem is going to get your TM to work. I've had SDL Support help me with this, in my case without success, but try it anyway. Make copies of all the files involved before you continue, though.
Succes! as they say in Holland.

Crito (X)  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Sep 16, 2010

Many thanks fo your help. Problem solved thanks to your suggestns!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot clean file because the TM appears to be corrupt

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search