How can I print a list of keyboard shorcuts?
Thread poster: Peter Nicholson

Peter Nicholson  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:11
Polish to English
Sep 17, 2010

I am working with Studio 2009 SP2. The help file says I can print a list of keyboard shorcuts by clicking the 'Show Shortcuts' icon on the Standard toolbar.

If someone could tell me where to find this icon, I would be most grateful.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You need to install a plugin .. Sep 17, 2010

which you can find here:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2530&p=1

Once you have installed it, you'll find the small grey icon in the toolbar of Studio.

Walter

Poland
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
The help file doesn't mention a plugin Sep 17, 2010

Thank you, Walter, for this link.

However, it seems to me that if the help file says I have to click on an icon, and doesn't say anything about first installing a plugin, then the icon ought to be there somewhere.

Furthermore, the plugin you are referring to is for SP1, and I have SP2, which is making me think twice about installing it. Has anyone tried it with SP2?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It works fine in SP2 Sep 17, 2010

I can guarantee that because I have it installed on SP2 and it works. The plugin was updated from the original release to SP1, this is why the file name has this suffix. SP2 did not require any update of the plugin.

You are right: the documentation is not correct about this. Maybe the first intention of SDL was to include this as a standard feature. It may also be that we will see it as a standard feature in one of the future releases.

Walter

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The next release has this feature integrated Sep 17, 2010

The next release, which should arrive in October, does have this feature already implemented.

Poland
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it works in SP2 Sep 17, 2010

I have enabled the plugin, and it works very well. Thanks for your advice, Walter.

Thanks for letting us know about the next release, Jerzy. Making this feature standard will save a lot of bother hunting for non-existent icons.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Many nice features TBH Sep 17, 2010

Studio has dozens of such - some necessary at daily basis, like the progress information, some necessary maybe once in a lifetime, like the keyboard shortuct list

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I print a list of keyboard shorcuts?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search