Why do I get "Caught exception :Access is denied!" when trying to submit support query to Trados?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2010

Why do I get "Caught exception :Access is denied!" when trying to submit support query to Trados?

Is this problem related to infection?:

I logged in to My account at SDL Trados (https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp).
That worked fine.

I then chose "Submit your technical query" because I needed support with my CAT-tool. Whereupon I received this error message (I have never received this error message before and I have always been able to submit my technical queries without problems):

"Caught exception: Access denied!".

I am dealing now with Trojans I got two days ago when I downloaded a web design package that I've purchased at a site. I know my computer is infected, and I am in contact with the vendor of this web design package that I bought so I'm trying to find out what really happened. It seems that the files I downloaded didn't contain virus but something was transmitted during the download when I accepted downloading. Can this have anything to do with that I can't submit my support query to SDL Trados Support, that my computer is infected?

Have anyone else experienced this error message?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:52
French to German
+ ...
Do you have a PSMA? Sep 19, 2010

This may sound silly, but just to make sure: do you have a currently valid PSMA (Product Support and Maintenance Agreement) that allows you to use this function?

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-19 07:24 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search